I uploaded alot of pictures at random intervals yesterday, and today started to reorder them by filename (long story, mostly some pictures i had on my card, and uploaded from someones computer while i was out, some i had at home, i uploaded after).
If not, i'll try to get around to making a quick patch todo so, its a pretty useful feature for this type of event.
(that and bump the extension patch)
Live Site: http://pics.halkeye.net
I've been working with whitaker for a while now on this patch, which I thought was done couple weeks ago, but I found another bug tonight.
Since the LJ crew is still pretty busy, I figured i'd go the peer review method, and hope someone else can spot some bugs I've missed.
BTW, this is the one that would allow you to post in those forums and other programs that only allow urls based on extensions. (so now will add .jpg and such).
Asked what it exactly does, so i'll provide some examples.
( Collapse )
As you can see fairly straight forward. Adds extensions to each image, as well as changed the "extra" field to be in the filename instead of being the filename (/directory/anotherdir/filename.ext style)
1) How does admin priv get initially assigned? -- I don't know how to do it, doesn't seem to be documented, etc.
2) Why are passwords stored in clear text? This isn't 'safe'?
3) Is there a good way to search communities a little better? Google only sort of works barely. ;)
I'm trying to get fotobilder working from CVS and... Well it's not working. Using fedora core 3, with Apache 1.3.33. I get this in the error log:
[Wed Jul 13 18:11:51 2005] [error] Can't call method "set_servers" on an undefined value at /home/fb/lib/FB/MemCache.pm line 27.\n
Any ideas? I've read over the install doc and there is no reference to MemCache.
Edit (2005-07-16): The cause of this problem is 'PerlFreshRestart On' in the httpd.conf file. Seems to introduce other kinds of bugs too. (Doesn't look like stuff is getting initialized.)
Today I blew the dust off my old FotoBilder install and started to take a look at what it would take to add OpenID consumer support, mostly just by ripping off the guts of the OpenID consumer support in LiveJournal. My plan is essentially to have a configuration option for the “domain” that OpenID identities should have their user accounts magically created in and otherwise to do pretty-much exactly what LiveJournal does. A few extra issues, though:
- FotoBilder, like LiveJournal, doesn't support user accounts with no username. I imagine the user table on pics.livejournal.com has got pretty big now and so it'd be annoying to ALTER it. It would be the cleanest solution, though, as FotoBilder doesn't have the issues that LJ has: FotoBilder doesn't really do anything special with the username except to use it in the gallery URLs, and OpenID users wouldn't have galleries so that wouldn't matter.
- FotoBilder's accounts are very “light” by default, having only a user row and a useridlookup mapping. However, if I'm not mistaken there's no way to specify that a given account should not ever grow beyond this, which would be nice for identity accounts.
- With the userid row there it becomes possible to add an OpenID user to one of your security groups. However, since there's no “profile” page on FotoBilder, what should be the interface for adding such a user?
- Any support must also allow for offsite auth modules such as that used to let LiveJournal users transparently pass onto pics.livejournal.com. Ideally when a LiveJournal identity account travels onto pics.livejournal.com it should be created as an identity user in FotoBilder too, rather than replicating all that ext_n business.
Well, that was just a messy load of thoughts. Hopefully some of it will spur discussion. ;)
Look at this: http://pics.livejournal.com/utils/gallery/0000bb4x?page=1
It's a huge pain in the ass for anybody to read that because first they have to click on a thumbnail THEN CLICK ON ANOTHER THUMBNAIL! Then they have to hit backspace then click next and the fun starts all over.
Is there NO way to fix this? Unfortunatly ALL the galleries have this problem.
Why can't the thumbnail lead to THE ACTUAL PICTURE and not a second thumbnail?
FOR all the ranting and raving about S2, it isn't flexible at all!
something along the lines of http://pics.livejournal.com/halkeye/gal/screenshots
named gallery links, its alot easier to remember than than the gallery key.
Not as high up on the list as the extensions, but its worth discussing.
photobucket and the such use the original filename, which i know is not desireable, but maybe something like:
/pic/pickey/ffilename.ext or something.